Sunday, February 17, 2013

Why does SHARON KLEVE write?




Why does Saron Kleve write?
 
Howdy Sharon, it's wonderful to have you back on my blog.
 
 
 
 
You have a new story out "Valentine Special Delivery" and we want to hear all about it, but first tell us why do you write?






 

Why do I write? Well, because the little voices in my head tell me toseriously, I’ve always talked to myselfnow I put the voices on paper.

I was a late bloomer and didn’t start my love of reading until I was in my twenties and then I couldn’t get enough of the wonderfully smutty Harlequin books.

 

I’ve worked in the government sector for fifteen years and always dreamed of having a job that I could work from home. This crazy idea came to me one night, after reading a particularly sizzling romance; why not try my hand at it? So, out of the blue I told my husband I was going to write a romance novel. He said, “Okay.”

I figured I’d read enough of them, I could write oneno problem. Eight thousand words later; I realized it was harder than I thought. I needed help and support of other authors. The support came in the form of Romance Writers of America and all the people involved in the local Peninsula chapter.

Several of the members of my local chapter read my book and made numerous suggestions, one of them came from an independent publisherBooks to Go Now. She told me to try my hand at a short story. I like writing shorts stories. Books To Go Now http://bookstogonow.com/ has published five of my books and I'm in two anthologies. With every story I write I learn something new and become a better writer.

I’ve been a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none, my whole life. I’ve worked in restaurants, weight loss centers, worked in a fish cannery and even worked in a top salon in Seattle, but none of that was as satisfying as seeing my own words in print. That why I write….
 
I certainly agree with you. We grow as writers with every new story we put out. Give us a little tease.

 
Valentine Special Delivery
Blurb:
Vickie's husband took her dog, emptied their bank account and ran off with his secretary. The only thing he left her with is his car payment and a bad taste in her mouth.
 Vickie has a new life that revolves around her derelict car, a struggling new business and a sexy FedEx delivery guy.
After a well-placed kiss, Jake gets a taste of Vickie—and now he can't get enough. After delivering packages all day, he's more than willing to let her unwrap his package.
Will a puppy named, Skittle's bring a Valentine's Day special delivery to both of them?
That was great. lol. I loved it. Please show us the cover.
 
Lovely cover. A hunk and a dog. The colors are well chosen. The picture captures the essence of the story.
Come on, you can tell us a  little more about it, pretty please.


Excerpt
"You think you're pretty clever don't you? Just because I look and feel better than I have in months doesn’t mean I'll start dating again. So, don't get your hopes up."
She got her perfected stubborn look on her face and said, "There's a new restaurant that just opened up down the road. They serve a dozen different soups and sandwiches every day. Let's go there, okay?"
"Kimmy, I know that look. Let's have a nice lunch without you trying to set me up with the waiter."
"The waiter? No. I was thinking the manager."
"Funny, Kimmy."



Bio:
Sharon Kleve was born and raised in Washington and currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula with her husband.
She loves romance. She loves reading romance, living romance, and especially loves writing about romance. She gets no greater feeling than watching her characters come alive in each other's arms. Most of all, she loves giving her characters the happily ever after they deservewith a few bumps and bruises along the way.
One of her favorite things to do is picking up a new book and sinking into the story, immersing herself in the emotions between the characters. She hopes to inspire her readers the same way her favorite authors have inspired her.
When not writing, she can usually be found either curled up in her recliner with her cat and a good book, or in the kitchen baking sourdough bread or bagels.
 
Contact me here:
 
Links to Purchase:
 
Author of "The Corny Myers Series"
Flamingo Blues, Published December 2011
Be Mine, Published February 2012
Klutzy Love, Published August 2012
 
Love Under The Christmas Tree, (Christmas Anthology), Published November 2012
 
Josey's Christmas Cookie, Published November 2012
Valentine Special Delivery, Published January 2013
Valentine's Say I Love You, (Valentine Anthology), Published February 2013
 
Sharon, you are really pounding out the stories. Congratulations.
Leave a comment for Sharon, folks. She's on a roll.
And we do love to hear from you.
 




 


2 comments:

  1. Sharon, you seem to be a "love"ly gal with a lot to say about amour on holidays. Nice theme pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute and funny. It will definately be put on my TBR list.
    Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete